Mooresville, NC (July 9, 2012) Racers use Roush Yates engines and performance products to power themselves to Victory Lane every week on dirt and asphalt tracks around the world. Roush Yates captured multiple wins in dirt late model and sprint car series over the holiday weekend, as well as the pole position at Daytona International Speedway for the second time this year in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
Countless other RY Engine customers managed to score top fives and top 10s and solidifying themselves high in the points as they reach the mid season mark in their respective series championship runs. Whether it be engines or engine-related parts recommended by the knowledgeable customer services representatives at Roush Yates Performance Products, Roush Yates customers are always poised for wins on any given weekend.
Matt Kenseth’s No. 17 Ford Fusion put down the fastest lap during qualifying on Friday for the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway. Kenseth, winner of the Daytona 500 in February, was excited to win his first pole at the prestigious track and credited his engine for helping to get the job done.
“I can tell when we come to Daytona that Doug Yates has got a little extra excitement about him for sure. He does a great job. He works as hard as he can for every race we run all year, but certainly I think Daytona has a little extra importance to him – here and Talladega – qualifying especially is probably more about motor than anything. If you’re down five or 10 horsepower, you’re not gonna sit on the pole, so they’ve done a great job with that. He definitely takes some pride in it and it’s cool to see him. He was fired up after being on the pole.”
The following teams won while running Roush Yates engines this weekend:
- Terry Phillips at the Great American Dirt Track in Jetmore, KS in the MARS DIRTcar Series with his Ford 436 DLM engine
- Terry Phillips at Liberal Fairgrounds Speedway in Liberal, KS in the MARS DIRTcar Series with his Ford 436 DLM engine
- Chuck Hebing at Can-Am Speedway in Lafargeville, NY in the Lucas Oil Empire Super Sprints Series with his Ford 360 Sprint engine
- Scott Bloomquist at Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, MS in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series heat race with his Ford 436 DLM engine
- Greg Satterlee at Dog Hollow Speedway in Strongstown, PA with his Ford 436 DLM engine
- Jason Johnson at Rapid Speedway in Rock Rapids, IA in the Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series with his Ford 360 Sprint engine
To learn more about Roush Yates, please visit www.roushyatesparts.com or call 1-877-798-RYPP.